In May 2013, Riley Fessenden (age 6) was diagnosed with a malignant tumor in her nasal cavity that also stretches into the brain-- this rare form of cancer is called Esthesioneuroblastoma (ENB). Riley will require numerous surgeries in the near future and is currently undergoing chemotherapy and radiation treatment through Boston Children's Hospital and the Dana Farber Cancer Institute.
Riley is the daughter of lifelong Beverly residents Kamie and Todd Fessenden -- Kamie and Todd met at Beverly High School and went on to get married and have 4 beautiful children. Riley is their third child and is adored by her older brother and sister, Drew (9) , Meghan (7), and the baby of the family, Daniel (1). Riley and her family are active members of the Beverly community and are familiar faces everywhere they go. On summer Sunday nights, they enjoy family time at the Lynch Park concerts with extended family and friends.
The "Riley ROCKS Fund" has been set up for her benefit at the Beverly Cooperative Bank to help offset the cost of associated medical bills. Riley herself came up with the slogan "Riley ROCKS", a perfect example of her positive attitude, fighting spirit, and bright smile despite the hurdles she is facing. We are seeking contributions in the following ways:
- As friends & families, visit the donations page to see all the ways you can contribute.
- As a local business, we are asking for
- Services to be donated at the Riley ROCKS Family Carnival on Sunday, August 25 and "Riley ROCKS Evening of Comedy" (date to be announced).
- Gift cards to be given away as raffle prizes at the above events.
- Other silent auction items to be auctioned during the above events.
Friends of the "Riley ROCKS Fund"